As someone who has worked in the corporate world for over 10 years, I understand the ebb and flow of work stress, deadlines, and client management. Introducing yoga in the workplace will nurture your most important resource: your people. In business terms, I can help you increase your bottom line through reducing stress and absenteeism, improving client relations, and by increasing synergy in the workplace. So that no time is wasted, you don’t have to come to me, I’ll bring my yoga to you. I can transform any open space or available boardroom into a yoga studio where I give your employees the support they need.
Benefits of Yoga in the Work Place
- Reducing Stress – Provide relaxation and calmness by taking you out of your thoughts and making you present in your body.
- Lower absenteeism –Improve productivity by decreasing the amount of sickness suffered by employees. Increase immunity support, blood circulation, balance between the sympathetic and para sympathetic nervous system, concentration, energy levels, and much more.
- Improve client relations and management of stress – We remember when someone gives us their total attention; practicing yoga helps you be more present in your conversations. This means your staff can be more present and give full attention to clients and colleagues.
- Improve morale – Students typically feel rejuvenated and renewed after a yoga asana class, this will then also improve the morale of the staff that interact with those who have attended the class.
- Synergy in the workplace – Build bonds between employees by giving them an opportunity to laugh and share a fun experience together.
Lunch time / After work yoga (asana) sessions
Lunch sessions would start at 12:05 and end promptly at 12:55 to allow employees to attend and return to work within a 1 hour lunch break. After work sessions can start any time convenient for the staff. The sessions would be for all levels of ability and experience with yoga. The sessions will address:
- stretching hips, shoulders back and hamstrings needed when doing office work where people sit all day
- balancing to increase focus and problem solve
- reducing stress, anxiety and depression
- detoxing and increasing blood circulation
- increasing energy, grounding, and creativity
- providing challenges to overcome
- giving employees a chance to play and laugh during the day
No props are required and students (employees) can bring their own yoga mat.
Breathing and Mindfullness (meditation) sessions
These sessions can take place at 12:05 and end promptly at 12:50 to allow employees to attend and return to work within a 1 hour lunch break. After work sessions can start any time convenient for the staff. The sessions would be for all level of ability and experience with breathing and meditation techniques. The sessions will address:
- techniques to stay calm when stress arises
- techniques to focus the mind
- improve digestion,
- reduce stress, anxiety and depression
No props are required and students (employees) can bring their own meditation cushion, blanket or sit in a chair.
President at smak.
I am the president of an experiential advertising agency and I wanted to offer my employees the benefits of having a yoga session during the work day. Natasha has been instructing a yoga class every week for our team for over a year. The results have been amazing. The team enjoys the of benefits of reduced stress, increased focus, and improved mindfulness. Another company that shares office space with us joins our session and it has been a great way to build connections between different groups within our office.
Natasha’s approach allows beginners (and not-so-beginners) to feel comfortable enough to ask questions. Our small group format has allowed Natasha to correct form and give one on one feedback throughout the class. Since we are comfortable with each other it’s great to have communal key learnings and to have a good time while we’re at it.
I believe any office would benefit from having consistent yoga sessions. I highly recommend it for companies that work in a fast-paced, stressful, demanding industry as it helps employees manage stress and develop tools to manage stress both in the work place and in their day to day lives. I would wholeheartedly recommend hiring Natasha to host a yoga session at your work place.
President – smak
September 10, 2016,